1. Washing: The number of dots inside the tub stands for the water temperature. One dot means cold, two means warm, and three means hot water should be used. One horizontal line underneath the tub indicates permanent press, while two indicates gentle cycle.
2. Bleaching: An empty triangle lets you go crazy with the bleach. Diagonal lines inside recommend the non-chlorine kind. An X through the triangle stands for no bleach!
3. Ironing: Dots in the iron denote the temperature of the iron. Keep it cool with one dot; three symbolizes crank up the heat. Little lines radiating from the bottom let you use steam.
4. Dry-Cleaning: An empty circle signifies dry clean only. A circle with an X through it represents no dry cleaning.
5. Tumble Drying: The number of dots inside the circle represents the level of heat you may use when drying your linens. One dot represents low heat, while three dots can represent high heat. A black circle indicates no heat.
Following these simple instructions will allow for longevity of your luxury linens!
STORING YOUR FINE LINENS
To lengthen the life of your luxury linens, it is best to have a minimum of (3) three sets of linens to alternate. Be sure your linen closet is well ventilated. In order to avoid yellowing of the fabric, never store in plastic bags. When storing items for long periods of time, wrap between cotton or muslin sheeting.
**As with all your fine linens, always read care instructions provided by the manufacturer to properly care for your fine linens.
<< go back